Sunday, June 16, 2013

Some things I learned this week....

I have completed five of my ten radiation treatments.... Halfway!!! Woo Hoo!!  I have enjoyed having the weekend off from treatments, but am ready to get my last five treatments over with.  As I gear up for next week, I've been thinking about some things that I have learned this week.
 
 
1.  My doctor is really, really, REALLY smart!
  • Proverbs 31:17, 20, 26 (NIV) "She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.  She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.  She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
 
2.  Trailblazing isn't such a bad thing! (just ask my husband about my antics in his Jeep)
  • Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV) "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you."

3.  It's OK to reach for the sky, as long as I keep my roots firmly grounded!
  • Matthew 7:24-29 (NIV) "Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

4.  I am still very angry about my diagnosis! (yes, I am still working on this one)
  • Psalm 37:8 (MSG) "Bridle your anger, trash your wrath, cool your pipes - it only makes things worse."  (I absolutely love this translation!)

5.  There have been specific instances when I was a positive and Godly role model to other young women without even realizing it at the time! (Thank you to my dear friends who have talked to me about this - what an encouragement you all have been.)
  • Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV) "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

6.  Radiation makes me tired - and very hungry! (I am so thankful for all the picnics we had this weekend - ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers, salads, watermelon, strawberries ....well now I've made myself hungry again!)
  • Isaiah 40:29-31 (NIV)  "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

7.  Give a girl the right shoes....  need I say any more?
Week #1

No comments:

Post a Comment